How does Bowenwork Therapy affect the body?
Bowen Therapy is a gentle hands-on relaxation technique to balance the mind, body, and soul.
The nervous system is constantly monitoring its environment, responding to a complex array of input. Bowenwork includes periods of waiting time throughout the session, generally 2 minutes between each set of moves, to allow the body more time to respond. This element of allowing the body to rest for a few minutes is important as it initiates the process of repair. The length of the breaks varies from client to client and with different procedures. The waiting times and the limited, yet precise moves made on the body, ensure the nervous system is not overwhelmed and therefore can hone in on what changes need to be made towards health and well-being.
Main benefits include:
• Balance mind, body, and soul
• Reduce stress and anxiety
• Alleviate low-back pain and improve range of motion
• Enhance immunity by stimulating lymph flow
• Strengthen and relieve weak or tight muscles
• Help athletes of any level, prepare for, and recover from, strenuous workouts
• Increase joint flexibility
• Promote tissue regeneration, reducing scar tissue, alleviate scar tissue restriction
• Reduce post-surgery adhesion's and swelling
• Reduce spasms and cramping
• Chronic fatigue syndrome
• Carpal tunnel syndrome
These are just a few conditions that respond positively to treatments.